So I didn't get very many pics of this little excursion, because 1. I was tired. 2. Car sick and 3. I was a little stressed. Thomas the Train made a pit stop in Lubbock (or so we thought) and we thought it'd be fun to take Brae to see him and ride on a real train! This is how it went:
Our train ride was supposed to be at 4. They ask that you be there an hour early and to board the train 15 minutes prior. We got into Lubbock at about 2:45 and we were lost until about 3:50. The map said that the train would be at one place, but Linda's (my M-I-L) GPS system could not recognize the cross streets as being in Lubbock. So while Brad and his mother yelled back and forth at each other in the front seat and stopping and going and stopping and going, I felt like I was going to up chuck in the back! Finally we get some sort of street number and I was able to plug that into the GPS and viola, it pulled it up. However, it was on the OUTSIDE of Lubbock! We finally find the place but it's 5 til 4! We ran up to the ticket people and they let us know that we can go on the next ride. So we opted for that offer. Especially because I couldn't handle being in a vehicle for another 30 minutes! So we walked around for a little bit and checked out the petting zoo, the tattoo stand, the gift shop and Brae pretty much played at the "play station" the entire time. All the while, Braeden hasn't mentioned if he needed to go to the potty. I remember checking it real quick when we were rushing to get on the train in the first place and he was fine. Well finally it's time to climb aboard ol Thomas and I'm sitting there with Braeden on my lap. All of a sudden, I feel something warm and wet all over my leg and my hand. YUP! Braeden had peed so much that the filled he pull-up to the max! Brad had to run off the train to go buy some shorts (all they had were swim shorts) to throw on him until we could get back to the car! Meanwhile on this 25 minute ride on the train, there was no air conditioner so it was a little musty in there and his wet shorts were thrown into the plastic bag that his new swim shorts came in. IT WAS THE LONGEST 25 MINUTES OF MY LIFE! However, Braeden had fun and that's what matters. They sang songs and had about 20 balloons blown up and all the kids and adults had to keep the balloons from hitting the floor by hitting them upwards.
When the train ride was over, I darted to the petting zoo to wash my pants off with soap and water, and Brad went directly to the car to change Braeden. Needless to say that trip was over, and it was time to go eat and head home!
They had a hay bale maze that he was pretty into. You can barely see him in the top picture, he's so small!
This was at the "play station"
He was pretty excited about being on the train and getting grub afterwards!

1 comment:
Uhm, not to rub salt in your wounds...but we could have given you good directions if you would have called! Lol! Now you have an even better story to tell in 10yrs then just "Brae rode a train!" Love it!
Post a Comment