January - Brad and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! I think this is what really made me stutter step with this blog. We took lots of pictures, but it ended up all stored on our camera instead of the memory card and now we don't have a cord for the camera to export all of them. I guess I kept putting off posting, because I wanted to be able to share all these great and funny pictures! Oh well, we march on...
School started and good LORD it was like a worm hole! I had blinders on and the rest of the world was kind of a blur. This semester was the first time I had to take a night course and in a way, it wasn't half bad as far as having to listen to a bunch of teens that smelt like cotton candy, rainbows and sunshine.
February - Nothing extraordinary happened that I remember.
Braeden did get a new bicycle from his grandpa and he LOVES riding it! He is still trying to get used to pushing the pedals when one is at the very top and the other is at the very bottom. If he already has the momentum, he does great. He's getting there though! :o)
March 26th is a very surreal day for me. You may or may not know that on March 26th, 2001, I had a bone marrow transplant. This procedure was done because I had a blood abnormality called Aplastic Anemia. This condition is when your bone marrow ceases to produce blood cells. In some cases, symptoms can be confused for leukemia. To prepare for a bone marrow transplant, you must under go chemotherapy before receiving any donor's marrow. So are you wondering if the chemo affected me? Yes and no. I didn't get as sick as most people usually do, mainly because I refuse to allow myself to throw up, even though I was extremely nauseous. I did lose my hair. I lost ALL of it minus about half of my eyelashes. I was 18 when this happened and it destroyed my confidence. Needless to say, I have a very special place in my heart for those having to struggle with chemo and radiation on top of everything else, especially young girls. Which I'm sure seems to most people to be very insignificant matter compared to the bigger picture at hand. ANYWAY, most years I just make a note of the date, remind my husband of what day it is and how many years it's been and thank GOD several times that day for my health and my brother (my donor). However, this year, I was already somewhat emotional about it when a show came on HBO called Locks of Love. I had heard about this program before from a friend who donates her hair. I BAWLED while watching this show and it inspired me to do the same. The program is very strict about not accepting any hair that's been bleached, so before I can officially donate, I need to grow my hair out and then start over. This is an easy way for me to help a little girl feel like she can participate in social activities and not feel like such an outcast by having people stare at her. It'll be awhile before I can donate, but I'm determined. If you would like to know more about this program click the link: http://www.locksoflove.org/
April - Braeden was accepted into Midland Christian!!! He'll be starting Pre-K in August and I'll probably have to take that day off to just sit in my house and bawl while looking at baby pictures! I told him that I was going to start crying because he was getting to be such a big boy (which at that point I was a little teary eyed) and he cupped my chin with little hands and said "It's going to all okay Mama." Then he gave me a hug while patting my back and I just started crying!!! Where does he get this from?! He's my baby no matter how big he gets!
Speaking of Braeden getting into Midland Christian, Brad and I decided that we aught to start setting a better example for Braeden and allowing him the same opportunity to grow up in a church. Brad and I are both Christians, but hadn't been to church in a really long time. With Brad now teaching Jiu Jitsu at Stonegate, we figured we may as well seize the opportunity in attending since he already knew a handful of men who attend. Not to mention just about half of the PD goes to this church. We've been very pleased with this church. It has a very large membership, however, it has the feeling of a small church, which I love!!! Everyone has been so friendly and we are in the process of making it official by becoming members.
It seems as though I may be leaving something out for this month, but I'm going to go ahead and elect the right to come back and edit this post if I can remember what in the heck it was.
May - Class was FINALLY OVER!!!! This semester was by far, the hardest. I don't think it was the material, but how much material was covered in such a short amount of time. PLUS the lab instructor was AWESOME and I understood everything she was saying, not to mention everything on her tests were on the study guides. HOWEVER, the lecture instructor was HORRIBLE! Just about 75% of the test was NOT covered on the test nor did we go over it in class. He would try and give an analogy and in the middle of his story, it seemed like he would either lose his train of thought or he would just get embarrassed so he never made his point!!! AAAAHHHHHH SO FRUSTRATING!!! Any whom, made an A and I'm still so stinkin' stoked!
Something else is missing..... hmmmmm. I'm loosing it!
Well that basically catches us up to June. So June updates will be posted shortly...
Something else is missing..... hmmmmm. I'm loosing it!
Well that basically catches us up to June. So June updates will be posted shortly...

1 comment:
About time you updated :)))
Post a Comment