Brad and I have accepted a new lifestyle, we are now trying to strictly eat "clean". I would say it's a diet, but Brad has informed me that if I call it a diet, it's doomed to fail. SO, it's our new lifestyle. Eating clean means we can no longer eat processed food. We strictly stay with poultry, extra lean beef, fish and any extra protein supplement. NOTHING canned, all fruits and vegetables must come from the produce section. HOWEVER, we do grab frozen organic fruits as well as an acai smoothie packet to throw in our smoothies for breakfast. It's been kind of fun testing out all these new recipes and learning to cook a variety of things using only fresh ingredients. We've only been doing this for about 10 days and Brad has lost 12 lbs and I've lost 6. Please keep in mind that we do still try and incorporate a "cheat meal" into the week, but it seems like since we've started doing this, our "cheat meal" just makes us feel like crap! Gradually we will remove the "cheat meal" all together. If you're wondering how Braeden is doing with this, it's not affecting him much yet. He is such a picky eater, that making him eat fresh halibut is just NOT going to happen! However we have changed things like the type of peanut butter, jelly, and bread we use. For example, we no longer buy peanut butter, we buy almond butter from the organic section at HEB. The jelly is made of preserves only and the bread is a 9-12 grain bread with low sugar amounts on each. Since he has started playing football and we've cut out cokes, Braeden has made a dramatic change in actually drinking water now instead of constantly asking for juice or Sprite. I figure these things are baby steps and I'm not going to fight him with it until he gets a little older. Right now I'm just glad that he's drinking both more milk and water and is still eating his veggies! I'll post more as the time goes by and give updates on plateaus, weight loss accomplishments and anything relevant to this new thing called an adventure.
Here is a link to the magazine I'm currently using for recipes:
Clean Eating Magazine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment