I have a problem, like I'm sure many of you do, with branching out at restaurants and ordering something new. My favorite dish at Carino's is, you guessed it, the Spicy Romano Chicken. I cannot take credit for creating this concoction, but I did find it on the web and thought I'd share! I must warn you that if you like this dish at Carino's, you may never like it there again, because yours "is so much better!!!"
2 tbsp butter
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or tenders), cooked and thinly sliced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup diced green onions
1/4 cup sliced sundried tomatoesalfredo sauce (your own secret recipe or brand)
1/4 cup grated romano cheese
1 can artichoke hearts (small or medium), drained and chopped
cayenne pepper to taste
bowtie pasta, cooked
In a skillet melt butter and saute chicken, mushrooms, green onions, sundried tomatoes and artichokes until hot. Add alfredo sauce of choice and romano cheese and let it heat thoroughly. Add cayenne pepper to taste and serve over bowtie pasta.
BON APPETIT!

3 comments:
Sounds yummy!!
Yuuuum! I'm the same way, same thing everywhere I go! I can't wait to try this recipe! What kind of alfredo sauce did you use? I don't ever buy the stuff so I need guidance:-)
Classico brand has so far been better than Ragu's. I shop at HEB so I get whatever is available really. If all you can find is Ragu, I'd put extra cayenne or pepper, it's just kinda bland. It's making me hungry just talking about it!! :)
Post a Comment